February 16, 2007

THE RED THREAD THAT BINDS US!


An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance.The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break.

- Chinese proverb


When we started the adoption process(paper chasing period)in January 2005 we expected our wait from LID (log in date),or paperwork in china, to referral (when receive child info) to be 6-8 months. Unfortunately, this time dramatically increased to 10 months, then 12, 14 and now 16-17 months. We have a LID of 10/21/05 and CCAA has completed all referrals through 10/13/05. So we are hopeful that the next batch will include our daughter and the referrals are expected to be mailed from china the the first or middle part of march.

When we knew this wait was increasing I wanted to find something for us to feel tied symbolically to our daughter who was somewhere in china. When we started this process she had not yet been born.

After looking for a very long time on the internet for a red thread or bracelet of some kind that my husband would be willing to wear. I finally found the perfect thing, a very simply red thread, with NO beads, requirement from him.
We have worn these bracelets since 10/17/05 and had planned to wear them until we brought our daughter home. I also ordered extras for our family to wear who wanted to be reminded of our daughter waiting for us to bring her home.

These bracelets mean a great deal and have become a part of us. A sweet co-worker one day made a comment about the fact that we will be able to take our bracelets off soon....and I actually had a feeling of sadness...this is my connection to her right now and has been for over 2 years...soon,we will finally have her in our arms...My husband and I talked and I have of course read many things that culturally discuss that red brings good luck and prosperity, and many parents give their Chinese children a red bracelet or red string necklace with jade etc..to signify this.

Sooooo, we are going to keep our bracelets on forever and add one to her wrist asap. I would like this to be a symbolism of our destiny to be together as a forever family of three!!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Sweet! I am LID 10/28/05! Your Rat Terrier is adorable! I have one also, her name is Sage! Her photo is on our blog http://lillysadoption.blogspot.com/This wait has certainly been long! Hopefully we will both get our referral next month! I know you guys will, I am not so sure about us!

Anonymous said...

where did you find your red bracelets?

TAYLORSNW said...

journeytome.com adoption bracelets