June 24, 2007

TRACY HUDSON ROCKS!!!

Our nephew, Tracy, from the land of OZ came to visit his grandma and us for a couple of weeks. He stayed with us and so he got a lot of time with Elysa, and she really seemed to take to him right from the beginning. He was a big help to us around the house, doing alot of stuff that I haven't got to since returning, and providing a pleasant distraction for Elysa. Here are a few pics of them together...





He even tagged along with us to a "reunion" of the three northwest girls adopted from China at the same time, and helped entertain all of them...



While he was here, he was whining about not being able to lift weights. So to help keep him occupied and keep him in shape for his summer football training when he gets home, I adjusted my mountain bike to fit him. He was being a wise*&# one night and bet that he could out ride me up the short, steep hill near our house. So we rode it together... and he had trouble with it but managed to do it. I told him that if, before he left to go home, he could ride Headquarters Road, without stopping or dabbing a foot, I'd buy him a bike. Well, he rode my bike several hours each day...



He rode 8 miles into town with me one day. He tells me this was the longest he had ever ridden in one stretch and the first time he had ridden on public roads. We rode some more, and one evening he made the attempt. I paced him and here's the stats: 11.2 miles total distance, including a 2.5 mile constant grade climb of 500+ feet. Average overall speed 11.5, for about a solid hour of riding. He sucked down water, he wandered all over the road, he nearly stopped several times, he complained of getting a wedgie from his shorts, but he did, in fact, do it.... DAMN! Now I had to make good on my end of the bargain.

Here is the prize!! (The bike not the dog, although I think Jackson would go home with him in an instant)


Here he is on his new Giant Boulder in school color...


...and here he is, showing off...


Good job Tracy, We want to see some pictures of you doing some sweet trials riding!

1 comment:

Nesting For Natalie said...

Your daughter is sooooo darling. Love her hair. And it sounds like she is lucky to have Tracy :)!

Amy